We are honored to announce the finalists for the 2017 Community Impact Awards. Winners will be announced at the gala on February 23, 2017 and will be featured in the March issue of Minnesota Business magazine.
About the Event
The 2017 Community Impact Awards honor businesses, social enterprise organizations, nonprofits, initiatives and individuals making a significant impact on communities in Minnesota. This is the first time we are including nonprofit organizations in the awards, in recognition of their profound influence on the quality of life in our state.
Angela Davis anchors for WCCO on Sunday nights and reports during the week. Prior to anchoring on Sunday evenings, Angela anchored the weekday morning and noon newscasts. Angela holds a journalism degree from the University of Maryland, College Park and grew up in southern Va. She has won four regional Emmy Awards for Anchoring and Breaking News coverage. As the recipient of the National Association of Black Journalists Ethel Payne Fellowship for Africa in 1995, Angela spent one month in Kenya producing a documentary.
Click here to read the press release announcing the finalists.
Click here to see 2016 Community Impact Award winners.
Paragon of Leadership Award
Andrew Eklund, Co-Founder and CEO, Ciceron
Brian Myres, COO at DAYTA Marketing
Kim Brown, President, JNBA Financial Advisors
Teresa Daly, CEO and Co-Founder, Navigate Forward, Inc.
- Marcia Ballinger, PhD, Principal, Co-Founder, Ballinger | Leafblad
- Kate Grathwol, PhD, President/CEO, Vision Loss Resources
- Mary Hamel, Executive Director, Metro Independent Business Alliance
- Beth Johnson, Marketing Director, Schechter Dokken Kanter
- Ryan Lee Anderson, Principal, Belay Energy
- Luis Moreno, Co-Founder, Board Member, Twin Cities Business Peer Network and VP, Marketing, Power Markets
- Sheila Murphy, HR Director, Midwest Industrial Tool Grinding, Inc.
- Danielle Steer, Manager, Impact Hub MSP
- La Juana Whitmore, Business consultant, MEDA
- Diane Yohn, COO, North Star Resource Group
- Sunrise Banks Judging Team:
- Jeanette Geisbauer, Marketing Manager
- Rebecca Morris Hoeft, Director of Marketing and Communications
- Ashley Cooper, Senior Visual Designer
- Mikaila Dahlseng, Fellow, Social Responsibility