Six magazines from Tiger Oak Media (the publisher of Minnesota Business) won 13 different awards Nov. 7 at the 2013 Minnesota Magazine Publishing Association (MMPA) Excellence Awards, held at the Nicollet Island Pavilion.
The 17th annual MMPA event recognized outstanding publishing achievement in the state. Gold, silver, and bronze awards were given in 21 categories.
"The overall quality of all of the winners was impressive, and Minnesota should take pride in the depth of its rich print media across the board," said group publisher Tamara Prato. "We were thrilled by the recognition Tiger Oak Media received. Our team has been hard at work, and taking home 13 awards shows that our efforts are paying off."
For Tiger Oak, the following publications were recognized in their respective categories with:
- Gold, Overall Excellence
- Gold, Feature Article ("Change in progress," April 2013)
- Gold, Feature Design ("Change in progress," April 2013)
- Gold, Single Page or Spread Design ("Minnesota medi-maze," April 2013)
- Silver, Single Topic Issue, Special Section, or Special Supplement ("Helping creatively," Dec 2012/Jan 2013)
- Bronze, Overall Event, Business to Business (for "The (Real) Power 50" event, held April 25, 2013. See event page and related article)
- Bronze, Overall Design
- Silver, Overall Excellence
- Gold, Cover Design
- Gold, Profile Article
- Gold, Feature Design
- Silver, Single Topic Issue, Special Section, or Special Supplement
- Bronze, Profile Article